Joyce Dzidzor Mensah, a former AIDS Ambassador who once worked with the Ghana AIDS Commission and got entangled with many negative rumours has finally come out to clear the air Trending topics on the go:
In a live press conference that was held on June 2, 2021, Joyce said she needed to speak to the many issues because a lot of innocent people still suffer negative consequences such as name-calling because of the rumours.
Below is a compilation by YEN.com.gh on the eight major rumours Joyce identified and what she had to say about them. Read more:
- John Mahama once dated her Joyce Dzidzor stated that she has never even sat next to former President John Dramani Mahama on any occasion as the closest they ever got was to hold hands and take a picture at a function. READ ALSO I stopped attending church because too many ladies were tempting me – Amerado She vividly explained that no form of friendship has existed between them and all that hearsay about once dating him is completed unfounded.
- John Mahama faked HIV results for her, It has also been said that the former President intentionally helped Joyce Dzidzor to fake HIV positive results, for which reason she was appointed as an ambassador. However, Joyce has categorically stated that such claims are completely false; the former president never worked with her personally and was not the person who appointed her. She explained, however, that the reason she has bashed the former president in the past was that he became the chairman of the AIDS Commission and she wanted him to solve some of the issues they were facing.
- She was bought a house in Dubai Joyce Dzidzor established that she has never had any mansion built for her in Dubai. According to her, she has lived in Germany for the most part and it was usually in a refugee camp.
- She was paid hugely at AIDS Commission, The former AIDS Ambassador disclosed that her salary whilst working with the AIDS Commission was GHc 800. According to her, this was highly insufficient because, on several occasions, she had had to use part of the money to sponsor her own trips to schools for HIV-related activities.
- Her children have HIV Joyce Dzidzor, not only explained but actually proved on live TV with laboratory tests that her children are not infected with HIV. She indicated that rumours about them having HIV caused a headmaster to withdraw one of them from school on that basis, which is not right.
- She lied to AIDS Commission about being HIV positive The passionate lady took a test on live TV to prove that she was HIV positive. Joyce explained that she had never lied to the Ghana AIDS Commission about her status as she had always been positive. She added that the lie was rather to the public that she was negative. According to her, why she did that was that her child in Ghana was sent home from school on the claim that the child had HIV and in order to make the child go back to school, she took the rash decision to put out the false video.
- She did not work hard whilst with the AIDS Commission Joyce said she worked so hard whilst she was with the AIDS Commission that another organization contracted her to embark on other related projects. She recounted going to 150 different schools to educate the children although her salary was only GHc 800.
- She killed her former boyfriend with HIV Joyce has also been accused of ‘killing’ her former lover with HIV. However, she brought a medical report that proved that the gentleman did not have HIV at the time of his demise. Away from that, a woman dressed like a Muslim has been arrested at the Okaishie Market in Accra for stealing GHc 2,259 from another woman who had come to buy at a shop. The SV TV Africa team who happened to be at the location when the incident happened interviewed some eyewitnesses who lent credence to the allegation. According to one of them, the woman had come to the crowded shop under the pretence of making a purchase when she smartly removed the bundle of money that the victim was carrying.